Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Day 1

So my first day went really well. I was so busy all day cooking. Most of my recipes are for 4 servings, so I pack 3 away for other days. As soon as I got up in the morning I had my medication for PCOS. Along with that I took my supplements.

I proceeded to go for a morning walk around town.



It was freezing, but I had a ton of energy.


I was also trying out these new headphones that I received from aLLreLi. They work great and they are bluetooth, so there aren't a wire that I have to fight with when I go on walks.

I came across this house that had some writing on the side of it.


Then I decided to take a walk through the graveyard. There were some very interesting gravestones that I found...



I also stumbled across a stone with my grandparents' last name on it.


This was such a fun walk. I like to pay my respects to those who have past away.

I will give you the first recipe that I have tried out. They are flourless banana pancakes and the recipe makes one serving. 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • maple syrup (optional)
  • fresh fruit (optional)
Preparation:
  1. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them.
  2. In another bowl, lightly mash the bananas with a potato masher or a fork. I find that a potato masher works the best.
  3. Add the egg, baking powder, vanilla, and cinnamon to the mashed bananas and stir to combine.
  4. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the batter at a time onto a skillet placed over a medium-low heat and cook until the bottom appears set (1 to 2 minutes). Flip with a spatula and cook another minute.
  5. Serve immediately, topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup (if you like).
I love these so much they are very filling and gives you the energy to get your morning started. I like to have a cup of almond milk with my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment